Keeping my focus on informing, educating, honoring and memorializing the injured victims of South Carolina and their families, I would be remiss if I did not mention the drumming the University of South Carolina received from its upstate rival.
If you are from this great state of South Carolina or currently reside in this state and share a love for college football, you understand that there were injuries handed out yesterday in Death Valley at Clemson University. Fortunately, I was not called in to action for any on the field but if you are aware of any injuries off the field that may require my services, please keep reading my blog and contact me at your earliest convenience.
The Battle of the Palmetto State is the annual Clemson vs. South Carolina football game, replete with:
- rival college newspapers going at each other (articles by The Tiger and The Daily Gamecock)
- the longest uninterrupted series in the South
- the third longest uninterrupted series overall, having been played every year since 1909
- Clemson leads the football series 65-37-4
- Clemson has won 22 out of the last 30 games between the schools dating back to 1979