Liv Osby of "The Greenville News" reported that pharmacist Rick Hansen, a pharmacist in Greer, SC, launched an informative and helpful website for those taking, needing, or wanting medication and/or other health-care issues. Mr. Hansen’s website covers many areas:
- Need to see if the pill you just got from the drug store is the right one? It’s on his site.
- Want to find out about drug interactions? It’s there.
- An interactive "Ask the Druggist" e-mail enables patients to pose questions they may be uneasy discussing in person.
- There are links to WebMD, the National Institutes of Health and Medicare
- There is information on drug discount cards, help paying for pharmaceuticals for those who can’t afford them, and there’s a place to see whether the latest alternative therapy really works.
In the article, Mr. Hansen stated:
"I had so many patients who came in asking questions, whether it was about Medicare Part D or how to get the best price on a prescription, and I was more than happy to provide the answers… Then one day, I was at home on vacation and I didn’t have anything to do, and I said, ‘I’m going to start a blog to help people get the right information.’ It just developed into a Web site."
If you have medical questions visit his blog/website at http:/www.SCPharmacist.net