Often times doctors play God, attorneys battle at the gates of heaven and hell, and preachers try and enable all to walk the walk.
Some believe a preacher is distinct from a theologian by focusing on the communication of the doctrine rather than the development of the doctrine. Others see preaching and theology as being intertwined. Preaching is not limited to religious views, but it extends to moral and social world-views as well. Preachers are common throughout most cultures. They can take the form of a Christian minister on a Sunday morning, or an Islamic Imam or Da’ee on a Friday afternoon. The point of preaching is to inform or convince the hearer of a certain world-view or belief.
- You should go to a preacher when you question the meaning of life, want to know more about Christ and/or God, seek a deeper spiritual journey, and/or simply to learn more about faith and religion.
- You should tithe to the church one tenth of your earnings.
- Perry Noble Dot Com is an interesting blog of a local preacher.
- I am a Christian and therefore believe in God.
- I attend NewSpring in Greenville after having attended in Anderson for several years.