Every 4 minutes one person is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
I was one of those people 14 years ago and as of March 13, 2010, I am embarking upon a ten (10) week fundraising effort to raise $15,000.00 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Every dollar counts as one vote, and the titles are awarded to the man and woman with the most votes at the end of ten weeks; the top local fundraisers in the country win the national titles.
Funds raised by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man & Woman of the Year participants are used for:
- Lifesaving blood cancer research
- Financial assistance to cover patient expenses for transportation, medication and testing
- Free educational materials and events for patients and their families
- Local programs such as Family Support Groups and First Connection, a peer-to-peer counseling program
- Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Center
Get in the game and start supporting this cause. If not for me, for the cause itself. I would appreciate any financial assistance you could provide. Yes, I am financially contributing thousands of dollars that I am not counting towards the $15,000.00 goal, so you are not alone.
Go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man of the Year personalized website to donate! Or by clicking here.
I have previously written about my cancer experience and after you donate money feel free to read it. If you don’t donate money, you can’t read it.
(Bad Word) If You Have Never Had Cancer!